17 June, 2022

Twister Quilt - June 2022

 

Twister Quilt 

June 2022. 
80.5 inches square

This quilt was started at the Scrub Stitching Retreat in Baradine NSW. 

I had a lot of help from Jo and Chooky to get this going. Thanks to them, I got the top finished beside the borders. 


Now the borders are on.. but only 3 sides...need more fabric

#quiltingrookiemistake


Now to cut it up! 


UPDATE
Nope…. Couldn’t match the dye lot as they got a new bolt in!!! Damn… Unpick…unpick…unpick.. 
recut..recut..recut… Resew…
Stay tuned for the cutting… #whysolong 

The First Cut


Ready to re sew




Completed with a border. The effect I was chasing for this quilt was more contrasting rather than busy. However I'm proud to finish it, learnt a new technique and I also understand a little more about colour combining.
Now onto the next one..... Churn Dash SAL I think.... 


1 comment:

ButterZ said...

Great job PETA. Every project you will learn something. Have fun with the churn dash….

My other Passion

For those who don't know My other passion is horses. From a little girl, I loved being in a farming environment and loved being with ani...